This year I plan to join two reading challenges which I haven’t participated in earlier. Pretty delighted to have discovered them.
The Backlist Reader Challenge hosted @ The Bookwyrm’s Hoard asks us to set up our own goal for reading books that we have been planning to read, for years perhaps, but haven’t got round to. The only stipulation is that the books be ‘old’ i.e. published before 2021 (in other words, in 2020 or earlier). There is a giveaway too at the end.
Since I have a whole backlog of books that are always edged aside, I plan to read 25 books for this challenge.
If you have a whole load of books too (and who hasn’t?:), sign-up here.
The second challenge While I was Reading involves reading books in 12 different categories. The categories are:
- A book with a question in the title.
- A book of non-violent true crime.
- A book with a cover you don’t like.
- A historical fiction novel not set in Europe.
- A book with a character’s name in the title.
- A book featuring paranormal activity (fiction or non.)
- A book with a number in the title.
- A food related memoir.
- A book that’s won an award.
- A middle grade novel.
- A book by an author who shares your zodiac sign.
- A book that’s a combination of genres.
Do the categories excite you as they do me? If yes, join over here.